Philips® HeartStart Home Defibrillator English Language Unit
The HeartStart Home Defibrillator is designed for use at home, cottage, and you can bring it with you everywhere you go. If you are considering a defibrillation program for your business or community, please call Philips Healthcare by dialing 1-800-291-6743.
The Philips® HeartStart home defibrillator is the first and only new-generation defibrillator specifically designed for the home, and has been recognized as safe to use because it delivers a shock only when advised and is easy to use by virtually anyone. It is also ready when you need it because it performs its own self-tests. HeartStart is the first and only home defibrillator cleared for sale without a prescription. HeartStart treats the most common cause of sudden cardiac arrest.
- Based on industry-leading technology
- Only treats shockable heart rhythms
- Easy to use
- Guides you with interactive voice instructions
- Senses and adapts to your actions
- Provides CPR coaching
- Comes with a 4-year battery
- Runs daily self-tests for readiness, virtually no maintenance needed
- If HeartStart detects a problem, it chirps loudly to alert owner
- Weighs just 1.5 kg (3.3 lb.) Take it wherever you go.
Will you be prepared when sudden cardiac arrest strikes?
Know the facts:
- Fact: Each year, approximately 40,000 people in Canada experience a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). This represents 1 SCA every 12 minutes.
- Fact: Nearly 80% of all sudden cardiac arrest happen in the home. A majority of the time, someone is in the home who could potentially help. That someone could be you.
- Fact: The risk of sudden death is highest soon after a heart attack, yet SCA is often the first sign of heart disease. In fact, 50% of males and 64% of females who experience SCA report no prior symptoms of heart disease.
- Fact: With every minute that passes without a shock to the heart, an SCA victim's chance of survival decreases by 7 to 10%. After 10 minutes, very few SCA victims survive.
In the case of sudden cardiac arrest, minutes count. For the best chance of survival, a defibrillator should be used within 5 minutes. Unfortunately, less than 7% of SCA victims survive, largely because a defibrillator doesn't arrive in time. While a defibrillator won't save every victim, many more lives could be saved if more people were reached more quickly.
- Philips® HeartStart home defibrillator
- Red carrying case with 911/EMS card
- Adult SMART pads cartridge* (lasts 2 years)
- Battery (lasts 4 years)
- Training video
- BONUS: HeartStart training pads kit
- 5 years on product
- 4 years on battery
- 2 years on pad
A support program enrollment card is also included with the HeartStart home defibrillator. By enrolling in this free program, you will have access to a range of services, including:
- Important notifications about HeartStart
- Customer Service**
- Periodic accessory reminders
- Post-use counseling**
Please consider these things before your purchase:
- If you have questions or concerns about your health, or an existing medical condition, please talk with your doctor. A defibrillator does not take the place of seeking medical care.
- You cannot use the HeartStart to treat yourself.
- Users may need to perform CPR.
- Responding to cardiac arrest may require you to kneel.
- Voice instructions and enclosed materials are in English.
- HeartStart provides audible and visible indicators when maintenance is required.
For more information regarding UPS delivery, click here.
Costco.ca products can be returned to any of our more than 600 Costco warehouses worldwide.
Membership: We will refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell and will refund your purchase price, with the following exceptions:
1. Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days from the date of purchase for televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch-screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones and other products identified by Costco from time to time.
2. Diamonds: When returning items containing a 1.00 ct diamond or larger, Costco will require additional time to verify the diamond, in which case a refund will be approved upon positive verification. This process may require two to five business days.
Costco may in the future restrict its return policy regarding other products. Restriction will be shown at the point of purchase.