Information on Your Order
What does it mean when the item reads, "This product is backordered?"
Occasionally, you may find items on Costco.ca that are backordered. This means that Costco.ca does not currently have on-hand inventory, but has inventory in transit to fulfill pending/future orders.
The product page will display a backordered message just below the price of the item.
This product is backordered, and is expected to ship between mm/dd/yyyy and mm/dd/yyyy.
When you add an item to your cart that is currently on backorder, you will receive the following message: This product is backordered, and is expected to ship between mm/dd/yyyy and mm/dd/yyyy . Do you still want to add to cart? The message will indicate the expected timeframe for when the item will be shipped.
You will then need to indicate whether you wish to cancel or proceed with the Add To Cart process.
If you are ordering multiple quantity of a backordered item, the website may indicate that you have exceeded the number of units that will be available to ship. You will see the following text above the item description. "We're sorry, only xx are are available for item ####. Please adjust your quantity and try again." In this circumstance, you will need to update the quantity of items in your cart to match watch is available for backorder.
Where is my order?
Your order is in one of four stages:
|In process||Your purchase has been received at Costco.ca
|Shipped||Your item has been shipped. Additional tracking information is available for most items that have shipped. From the order status page, simply select the "Track" button (in the Status column) to view this additional information.
If the "Track" button does not appear, then additional tracking is not available for that shipment.
|Partially shipped||Some of the items in your order have been shipped. Please review the status on remaining items for additional information.|
|Cancelled||This order has been cancelled. Additional information regarding this cancellation has been sent to the email address of the purchaser.|
Can I track my order?
For orders where carrier tracking is available, you may:
- Click on the "order status" button (at the top of the home page) and sign in by supplying your e-mail address and password.
- Click "show order detail" on the order number you want to track.
For specific shipping time frame on the item you purchased, please refer to the product page of the item you ordered, or refer to the order confirmation email you received. You will find the estimated delivery time information directly below the product price summary.
Can I add a Gift Message to my order?
The “Shipping & Terms” tab on the item page will indicate if the item you ordered has Gift Messaging capabilities.
Once the item has been added to your cart, you will have an opportunity to enter a gift message at checkout.
How do I add a Gift Message to my order?
The “Shipping & Terms” tab on the item page will indicate if the item you ordered has Gift Messaging capabilities.
- Add the desired item to your cart and proceed to checkout.
- On the “Shopping Cart” page, a gift box icon appears to the right of the items that have Gift Messaging capabilities. You will be able to input your message later in the checkout process.
- Click “Continue Checkout” and you will be directed to the Shipping Address page.
- On this page, you will see a gift box labelled “Add / Edit Gift Message” to the right of the Shipping Address fields.
- Click on the “Add / Edit Gift Message” button to add a message to your order.
- Enter the recipient’s first and last name and the desired message you want to send.
- Click the “Continue Checkout” button and continue on to the “Payment Page”.
- You will have the opportunity to “Edit” your gift message at the final “Review” page prior to completing your purchase.
Why can't I find my order in order status?
An order takes approximately one to two hours to appear in "order status" after the transaction is completed. If you are not able to find your order in "order status", it is possible that the order was not completed on the website. At the end of your completed on-line order, the last page will show your order confirmation number and a confirmation of your order will be sent to you via e-mail.
Can I cancel my order?
Please note that Costco.ca processes your orders electronically. Your order may be in process soon after you press "Complete Purchase".
- Please contact us within one hour of placing your order at 1-888-426-7826.
- Our Customer Service hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- After hours, please contact us via email at customer service.
- We cannot cancel an order that has already been shipped.
We will make every effort to stop the processing of your order if it has not shipped.
Can I change my order?
Changes cannot be made to an order once you press Complete Purchase; cancellation of the order may be required.
Why was my order cancelled?
You may receive a cancellation notice for one of the following reasons:
- Shipping to PO boxes, freight forwarders or an unverified address.
- Mis-keyed Information: An order cancellation may occur if any of the following information was mis-keyed.
- Incorrect credit card information (must be entered exactly as it is on your credit card billing statements).
- Incorrect billing information.
- The credit card number originally entered on your order is no longer valid.
- Invalid city, state, zip code combination.
- Declined Credit Card: When you place an order, costco.com electronically requests an approval from your credit card company in an attempt to authorize your purchase. If your credit card company declines the authorization, your order will be cancelled.
A declined authorization may occur for one of the following reasons:
- You have exceeded the limit on your credit card.
- You have exceeded a daily purchase limit set by your bank.
- Your bank needs to verify additional information with you for security purposes.
Please contact your banking institution directly for more information about the decline.
Verify the credit card number and expiration date used on your order was keyed correctly. (If you store a default credit card in your costco.com account, you may verify and update this information by selecting the my account link on the top navigation bar. If all information is correct, please contact your bank directly for further information concerning the cause of the decline.)
- Out of inventory. In the event there is not enough inventory of an item to complete your order (or if an item is no longer available), you will receive an email prior to the cancellation to notify you that the item is out of stock.
For further information, please review our Terms and Conditions.
Once an order is cancelled in our system, we are unable to reinstate it. Please verify that the information you provided is correct and update where necessary, then place a new order.
Why didn't I receive an e-mail confirmation of my order?
The e-mail address provided with your order may have been misspelled or invalid. You may need to add email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your accepted list of e-mail addresses.
I cannot find my order in order status.
An order takes approximately one to two hours to appear in "order status" after the transaction is completed. If you are not able to find your order in "order status," it is possible that the order was not completed on the website. At the end of your completed online order, the last page will show your order confirmation number and a confirmation of your order is sent to you via email.
What methods of payment does costco.ca accept?
Costco.ca accepts the following methods of payment:
- American Express (the preferred credit card of costco.ca)
- Master Card
- Costco Cash Card
*Please note that even though Visa Debit has a Visa symbol on the front of the card, it's important to remember that Visa Debit is a debit card and not a credit card. As we do not currently accept debit as a form of payment online, Costco.ca does not accept Visa Debit.
What is the Card Identification Number?
This is an authentication procedure established by credit card companies to help protect you from Internet fraud. The code helps determine that the credit card is legitimate and that the customer placing the order actually has the credit card in their possession.
This security number will be verified by your bank at the time of your order and will not be stored within your online account. For your safety and security, our checkout process requires that you enter your card's verification number. For questions concerning your right to privacy please refer to the Costco Privacy Statement.
The verification number is a 3 or 4 digit number printed on either the back or front of your card.
Visa, MasterCard: The Card Verification Number is the last 3 digits after the credit card number on the back of the card in the signature area.
American Express: The AMEX Card Verification Number is printed on the front of the card, above and to the right of the embossed card number.
When is my credit card charged?
Your credit card will be charged once the item has shipped. When more than one item is requested on your order, costco.ca will charge your card for each item as it ships. Since ship times vary by item, your credit card statement may reflect individual charges for each item as they are shipped.
Prior to charging your credit card, an authorization will occur for the amount of your order. The authorization process will validate the credit card number, status, available credit line and billing information to ensure that it matches exactly what the bank or credit card company has on file. Your bank may attempt to contact you for additional information prior to authorizing the sale amount.
Once an authorization is received you may notice a decrease in your available credit line for the amount of your order. Your bank may hold this dollar amount for a specified amount of time, depending upon your banks policy. We recommend contacting your bank or credit card company to learn about their authorization policies.
Can I request a copy of my receipt?
- Click on the "Order Status" button (at the top of the home page) and sign in by supplying your email address and password.
- Click on the order number you need a duplicate receipt for.
- Locate the "Click to Print" button just above your billing information.
*Note: Order history will only show orders placed within the last 6 months. For order information beyond that time, please email us at Customer Service or call our (888) 426-7826.
Can I get a history of orders I’ve placed on costco.ca?
Click on the "Order Status" button (at the top of the home page) and sign in by supplying your email address and password.
*Note: Order history will only show orders placed within the last 6 months.
Does costco.ca guarantee my satisfaction?
Membership: We will refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.
Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell and will refund your purchase price, with the following exceptions:
- Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days from the date of purchase for televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD/MP3 players and cellular phones and other products identified by Costco from time to time.
- Diamonds: When returning items containing a 1.00 ct diamond or larger, Costco will require additional time to verify the diamond, in which case a refund will be approved upon positive verification. This process may require two to five business days.
- Costco may in the future restrict its return policy regarding other products. Restriction will be shown at the point of purchase.
- We ask that you return all other merchandise within 30 days with a Costco receipt and in the original packaging.